Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Obsession Confession....

I have been frustrated this week due to a foot injury.  I sidelined myself in hopes of recovering in time for the 10K race I was supposed to run this weekend.   It looks like I won't be running it.  I haven't given up complete hope.  I have argued this out in my head all week long. 

"It's going to be ok and it'll be ready for Saturday."  Repeat 5 times.

"I can't even walk without it hurting, I'm so stupid for thinking I'll be able to run Saturday"

"You got this.  It's doesn't hurt as bad when I'm running.  You can push past the pain. Just go for it!" Repeat 10 times.

"If I go for it then I might finish the race, but I'll be a hobbled by pain two hours later."

"No! I'm not obsessing about this!!!" - She says to her wife who's giving her that "Um, yes you are." look.

"I've got a stress fracture (did I mention I'm wee bit of a hypochondriac) and it's going to take months to heal and I'll get fatter and turn lazy and people will hate me and I'll let everyone down....AHHHHHHHHHH."  (throws self to floor)

There.  It's out.  I'm ok. 

A visit to the Chiropractor tomorrow, I hope, will shed some light on all this and I'll be able to make a plan of attack.  I have a couple of weeks to play with before I start my half marathon training, so I just need to be patient.  I hate patient.  I'm a Virgo.  It's all or nothing, baby.

I love traditional tattoo art and hope to cover my one day skinny arms with them.
 


In the meantime, I am going to obsessively read this new wonderful blog I am in love with and follow all her successes until I have a 10K under my belt. 

http://www.swimbikemom.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment