Monday, May 27, 2013

Weird Things That Get Sore

A short list of the weird places (at least I thought so anyway) that got or get sore:

1. My neck.  You don't use your neck to run, right?  Well, apparently ya do, 'cuz it gets sore. This was definitely a problem when I first started running. I feel this is especially true for heavy runners.  I could feel that my arms and shoulders seemed to carry the weight of all my weight.   The tight muscles would give me a headache.  Stretching those muscles helped a ton, as did being mindful to relax them during running.  

2. F.U.P.  Yes, I went there (Google it if you know not of what I speak).  The very tippy end of my rectus abdominis was sore every time I ran for the first month or so.  Follow the bouncing belly!


3. Ok, so I wasn't sore here, but my hands were one of the first places that started to lose weight.  Weird huh?

4. Toenails. The rubbing of toes nail against the top of my shoes made them ache sometimes. My shoes aren't too small, it just happens when you are going down hills, etc.   Keeping the nails clipped short helps.  I am proudly awaiting my first blackened toe nail which I have heard distance runners get.  So far, no luck.

All the rest of the sore places are to be expected:  feet, ankles, knees, everything....


No comments:

Post a Comment